LATISSE ® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% is a prescription medication.
LATISSE ® is the first FDA-approved product to grow lashes longer, fuller and darker for those
who do not have enough lashes. It has been studied for safety and efficacy and is available only
LATISSE ® is an FDA-approved treatment to grow eyelashes for people with inadequate or not
How does LATISSE work?
We do not know exactly how LATISSE® works; however, we believe it does so by increasing the
growth cycle (anagen) phase of your eyelash hair cycle. Anagen is the growth phase of all hair.
We believe that it increases the length of the anagen phase and the number of hairs in this
How Soon will I see results?
You must be patient when using LATISSE® as the growth is gradual over time. Some may start to
notice longer lashes after about a month and many should experience full results in
approximately four months. This is similar to the clinical trial results, but individual results may
vary. Just like it takes some time for LATISSE® to work, if use of LATISSE® is discontinued,
eyelashes will return to their previous appearance over the course of several weeks to months.
Some important do’s and don’ts.
- Do not apply to the lower lid or in the eye and blot excess solution with a tissue.
- Only use the sterile applicators supplied with LATISSE ® to apply the product.
- Don’t allow the tip of the bottle or applicator to touch fingers or any other unintended
surface, as contamination by common bacteria is known to cause infections.
- Remove contact lenses prior to applying LATISSE ® . Contact lenses may be reinserted 15
- Remember, if you stop using LATISSE ® , lashes will gradually return to their previous
Important Safety Information
Do not use LATISSE ® if you are allergic to one of its ingredients. If you use/used prescription
products for eye pressure problems, use LATISSE ® under the supervision of a doctor’s care.