What is UPNEEQ®?
UPNEEQ ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1% is a prescription
eyedrop used to treat acquired blepharoptosis (low-lying lids) in adults.
Upneeq ® is the only FDA-approved prescription eye drop for acquired ptosis (low-lying
lids) that lifts your upper eyelids to open your eyes.
Apply one drop of Upneeq ® per eye, once a day. You'll see a visible difference in as
little as two hours. Many patients experience visible results as soon as 15 minutes after
What can UPNEEQ® do for you?
Lifts eyelid(s) quickly
- Most patients in clinical trials had a lift in their eyelids in as little as 2 hours
- 84% of patients had some form of improvement
- 74% of patients had more than a 50% improvement
- In one study, some patients saw a lift in their eyelids as fast as 5 minutes after the first dose
Significantly improves upper field of vision
- In clinical trials, UPNEEQ® helped patients with acquired ptosis see more—on the first day of treatment!
- 87.8% of patients had some form of improvement
- 40.8% of patients had at least a 50% improvement on Day 14 (2 hours after applying UPNEEQ®)
UPNEEQ® is also safe and well-tolerated
- In clinical trials, UPNEEQ® was proven to be safe and effective when used as
- Common side effects (seen in 1-5% of patients) included eye inflammation,
eye redness, dry eye, blurred vision, instillation site pain, eye irritation, and
What warnings and precautions are associated with UPNEEQ®?
- UPNEEQ® is a type of medication that may affect your blood pressure. If you
have heart disease, uncontrolled high or low blood pressure, or feel faint at
rest or when quickly standing up, you should call your doctor if your symptoms
- Patients with reduced blood flow to the brain or heart, or patients who experience eye or mouth dryness due to an immune system disorder (Sjögren’s syndrome), should use care when taking UPNEEQ®. Call your doctor immediately if you feel your symptoms may be getting worse.
- UPNEEQ® may increase the risk of eye pressure due to fluid buildup (angle- closure glaucoma) in patients with untreated narrow-angle glaucoma. Call your doctor immediately if you feel increased pressure in your eye after using UPNEEQ®
- Do not let the tip of the UPNEEQ® vial touch your eye or any other surface. This can help prevent eye injury or contamination. Each UPNEEQ® vial is for one-time use and should be discarded after being used.